We’ve all been there. You’re all set to get back into the groove on Monday and give your digital marketing strategy a huge boost. You log in and take a look at your campaign and that’s when you see it, the horrible little banner at the top of the ads manager that says your campaign has been disabled. Besides messing up your morning, getting a disabled ad account reenabled can be a hassle and may take much longer than you want.
As an agency, fixing disabled ad accounts on Facebook and Google is something that we frequently do. We’ve figured out the fastest way to get your ads back up and running. Here is our guide to reenabling your ad account!
How To Fix Your Disabled Facebook Or Instagram Ad Account
- First, visit https://business.facebook.com/accountquality/
- Click on “Account Status Overview” in the left-hand menu. From here, you will be able to tell if your business manager is disabled. If it is, request a review if you can. Facebook will get back to you in a few days after you do so. If your business manager is working but your ad account is not, or you are unable to request a review, move on to the next step.
- Go to https://www.facebook.com/business/help
- Scroll down to the bottom of the page where it says, “Find answers or contact support” and click, “Get Started.”
- Select the asset you need help with. If you can’t find your ad account, go to your account, find your ad account ID, and copy and paste it into the search.
- Select the problem that you need help with. If your question isn’t answered by the explanation Facebook provides, click, “Contact Support.”
- Fill out the boxes with your contact information and fill out the more information box with your ad account ID.
- Click, “Start Chat.”
- The best way that we have found at Set Fire Creative to get good results is to ask the representative to request a manual review of your ad account on their end. If the first rep you talk to doesn’t help, go through the process again and talk to a different rep. It sometimes takes a while to find one who can help you!
After you have completed these steps, Facebook will get back to you within the next couple of days. They will call and email to let you know the status of your case, and, with luck, your ad account will be re-enabled and up and running quickly!
How To Fix Your Disabled Google Ad Account
- Visit https://support.google.com/adsense/answer/2576043?hl=en
- Take a look at the various resources and frequently asked questions detailed on this page to see if you can find more information about why your ad account was disabled and what you can do to fix it. If you can’t find what you’re looking for, move on to step 3.
- Scroll to the bottom of the page to the box that says, “Need more help?”, and click on, “Contact us.”
- Fill out the “What can we help with?” box.
- Select which resource you believe will be most helpful to you from the list provided in the “Resources” box. Usually, we find it the most helpful to chat with a member of the Google team. If the chat is unavailable, we recommend contacting Google through email.
After you have contacted a member of the Google team, you will usually hear back from them within the next couple of days. If you don’t, try contacting them again through email or chatting with them online. This is the process through which we have seen the best results, and your account issue will oftentimes be resolved relatively quickly by the Google team.
Up Your Digital Marketing Game
A disabled ad account is the worst way to start your day, and having a sub-par digital marketing strategy is a bad way to build an online presence. If you are wondering if paid search or social media advertising would be a good option for your company, reach out to us for a free consultation. We want to help you put your business’s best foot forward!
Celia is a digital marketing specialist at Set Fire Creative. When she isn’t writing ads and driving sales for clients, she is working out, cooking some delicious comfort food, or camping in the mountains with her family.